Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Goya


Well my newest Bzz kit was packed full of Goya food products.  I got this kit because I'm a BzzAgent.  I was so excited when I opened it because it came with lots of Goya goodies & coupons.  Tonight I cooked "Fiesta Chicken & Black Beans with Yellow Rice" for dinner.  It was outstanding & my whole family loved it!  

I normally only use a Cajun type seasoning for chicken & steak but tonight I changed it up & tried the "Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning."  The taste of the chicken was so delicious.  I threw in the "Goya Low Sodium Black Beans" some corn & served it over "Goya Yellow Rice."  Talk about yummy.  

The rice is so easy & quick to prepare.  It was fluffy & flavorful after only 25 minutes on the stove.  The seasonings are already added so all you have to do is boil the water.  It doesn't get much easier than that.  The black beans are wonderful & tasted so fresh, not like so many canned beans taste.  You should definitely give the Goya products a try.

I always like new recipes so I thought I would share the Goya recipe with you.

Fiesta Chicken & Black Beans with Yellow Rice

2 T. extra virgin olive oil
4 thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with pepper, to taste
1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 c.)
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1/2 c.)
1 can Goya Low Sodium Black Beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 c. fresh corn kernels (I used canned)
1 avocado, finely chopped (about 1 c.)
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. finely chopped fresh cilantro

Heat 1 T. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Season chicken with Adobo.  Cook chicken, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides & cooked through, 5-7 minutes.  Transfer chicken to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.

Heat remaining oil in skillet.  Add onions & peppers.  Cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.  Stir in black beans & corn.  Continue cooking until warmed through, about 2 minutes.  Remove pan from heat.  Stir in avocado, lemon juice & cilantro until combined.





1 comment: